PayPal 'Here' card reader battery life

vikingtone
Contributor
Contributor

hi.  I have had one experiment with the card reader, at a craft sale yesterday.  So far I have had a few issues with the reader, which I will investigate further via these pages.  My first queston is:  does anyone have any experience with the card reader battery life?  I charged the thing fully, but it went totally flat and turned off after three hours.  I feel this is quite poor. After all, I suppose a number of people will want to use this thing the way I have, at a craft fair where access to power was very limited.  I need the card reader to be alive a heck of a lot longer thatn 3 hours.  I could conceivably re-charge overnight, but 3 hours is just not enough.  Any other experiences would be very valuable, thanks

I do find it frustrating. The 'rules' about where to post are not accurate. This post has nothing to do with selling on eBay, selling from my website, or reversals.   OK, there has to be structure, but if there is to be structure it needs to encompass all the possibilities

Login to Me Too
92 REPLIES 92

amydk2014
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Siobhan,

Thanks for your reply. Just a follow up to clarify something:

The customer service agent I spoke to expressly said it was a firmware update, not an app update. I'm familiar with app updates, my phone does them all the time. This one required connecting to the reader, no actions in the app and took about half an hour to complete. That's a mammoth update, so I think it was indeed firmware.

As I mentioned before, I wasn't told that this update was available at the time it was released. I think it would be good service to email all v1 owners and invite them to check their firmware is up to date as they too may not know that the update was released, however long ago it was.

Kind regards,

Amy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi amydk2014,

We will be sure to pass your feedback to the PayPal Here team directly.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

JohnW11
Contributor
Contributor

I too have exactly the same problem, the battery doen't hold the charge I don't use the unit much and it seems to drain quickly even when out of use. I've had a number of failures due to low battery when I thought I'd charged it fully the previous day without using it prior. This has caused me embarrassment when dealing with a customer and I'm surprised I haven't been challenged about it when having tried a number of times it hasn't worked and the customer quite understanably is concerned whether it's been put through a number of times or whether I'm up to something. It doesn't even tell me the battery is low mostly and just says transaction failed which leaves me having to work out what's happened. It's a nice procuct but there are definately teething problems that need to be ironed out. When it works well it works well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.