6. Epson TM-T81 II (LAN)
  7. Epson TM-T82 (LAN)
  8. Epson TM-T82 II (LAN)
  9. Any other printer that is AirPrint or ePrint enabled 

PayPal Here for Android supports the following receipt printers:

Portable printers

1. Star SM-L200 (Bluetooth)
  2. Star SM-S230i (Bluetooth)*

Please remember to check with the supplier of the printer if it is compatible with your Android phone model.

* When printing receipts with the Star SM-S230i, a text string ‘0000a0’ is added in front of your Business name. We are aware of this problem and we are working on a solution.

Bluetooth printers

Mobile phones and tablets use Bluetooth to connect wirelessly to a Bluetooth printer, so the printer connection is typically easy to set up. Portable Bluetooth printers come with a built-in battery, which makes them fully mobile with no need for network or power cables.

To install a Bluetooth printer:

1. Search the Bluetooth printer in the settings of your phone or tablet.
  2. Select the printer you want to connect (Star printers typically use ‘1234’ as the PIN)
  3. Once connected, open Settings in the PayPal Here App.
  4. Then choose Printers and Cash Drawer.
  5. Wait for the printer to appear in the list and then select it.

Note: if you use the Star SM-L200 printer in combination with an iPhone 4S or later model (or an iPad 3rd Generation, iPad mini or newer model), you can skip steps 1 – 2 above. The printer will automatically connect via Bluetooth

LAN Printers

Mobile phones and tablets connect to a LAN printers via a wireless network. LAN printers need to be connected to a wireless router using an Ethernet cable. The PayPal Here app can then connect to the printer by making a wireless connection to the router’s wireless network. LAN printers are only suitable for use in a fixed location where have power supply and a wireless router available.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

chrismcc1
New Community Member

Hi,

You list states that the Star mPOP (Bluetooth) is supported by paypal. So i decided to go and buy one at a cost of £400. After several calls to paypal they have told me this is not supported. The cash drawer and receipt printer intermittingly stop working all through the day. Star support say there is no problem with the machine and paypal say they do not support any external devices. Alesia from paypal here seemed to know what she was talking about regarding paypal here but now im left with a device that doesn't work properly, with no support. Please help , thank you

Login to Me Too

racheltsl
New Community Member

Hi - did you get this resolved with the mPOP?  I dont want to invest in one if its going to be glitchy

Thanks, Rachel

Login to Me Too

S84
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody having problems with the mPOP and PayPal (using an iPad)I have just purchased it because everywhere I looked it said they were compatable. But holy cow the issues! sometiems it works sometimes it doesn't won't open the drawer when doing a check, printer goes offline often, and is often so damed slow, if i were a customer I'd never come back to my store!

Login to Me Too

agrow
New Community Member

I reall wish I had read these posts before-hand. I spent over $1000 on this system because PayPal has it as a compatible printer on their **bleep** store.

Now I am about to open a second location with NO WAY to accept cash because the thing will not connect, nor can I print receipts. Same thing with another

cash drawer that PayPal sells through their website as a "compatible" device. Awesome thing is that when I call PayPal they just say it's not their problem

because it is not one of their products...THEN DON'T CALL IT A COMPATIBLE DEVICE AND SELL IT THROUGH YOUR SITE.

Now I have to try to go through a return process and find another POS system that is compatible...great.

Login to Me Too

S84
Contributor
Contributor

I recently posted about this same problem (see S84).

Spent an entire day dealing with it. PayPal actuall told be via 4 of their helper people that PayPal does not support Star Micronic printers and drawers!

Yet one of them, after I typed my response in all caps and told her I was now yelling cause I'm mad, actually gave me the website of the machines that

ARE supported with PayPal and integrate with PayPal.   Guess what....? every single machine on their site was a Star Micronic machine include the mPop

that I had in my possesion. That same day i was communicating with Star Micronics and they were like.."WTF?" So the person in charge of the paypal accounts

contacted me for all the details and he was goignt to deal with it because the paypal helpers should NOT be saying they don't integrate cause they do! 

Star micronics said it was a problem with paypals software and not the machine.

My mPop was purcahsed via Amazon. I figured it was defected maybe? Don't know. But since have switched to a non blue tooth system and am having no problems at all,

But I also purchased this machine from the PayPal site. So I dont' know if something is goign on with third party sites that they sell too that the paypal software wont' work? I do know that my chip reader specifically has paypal embossed on it. yet the guy who i spoke with about this cause i would like to have a portaable reciept printer that is availalbe for this (on the site of the company that makes the chip readers) said no the receipt printer won't work with the chip reader cause it's not a paypal product and if i purchase the chip reader from the other company so I could have the receipt printer the chip reader won't work because it's not paypal set up. 

so makes me wonder.

Login to Me Too

Martyn1

Hi ive just bought a canon Pixma mx475 printer to use for reciepts, but im only getting A4 out, ive tryed A5 and A6 paper as its smaller and should look more like a reciept too. any help please

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.