6. Epson TM-T81 II (LAN)
  7. Epson TM-T82 (LAN)
  8. Epson TM-T82 II (LAN)
  9. Any other printer that is AirPrint or ePrint enabled 

PayPal Here for Android supports the following receipt printers:

Portable printers

1. Star SM-L200 (Bluetooth)
  2. Star SM-S230i (Bluetooth)*

Please remember to check with the supplier of the printer if it is compatible with your Android phone model.

* When printing receipts with the Star SM-S230i, a text string ‘0000a0’ is added in front of your Business name. We are aware of this problem and we are working on a solution.

Bluetooth printers

Mobile phones and tablets use Bluetooth to connect wirelessly to a Bluetooth printer, so the printer connection is typically easy to set up. Portable Bluetooth printers come with a built-in battery, which makes them fully mobile with no need for network or power cables.

To install a Bluetooth printer:

1. Search the Bluetooth printer in the settings of your phone or tablet.
  2. Select the printer you want to connect (Star printers typically use ‘1234’ as the PIN)
  3. Once connected, open Settings in the PayPal Here App.
  4. Then choose Printers and Cash Drawer.
  5. Wait for the printer to appear in the list and then select it.

Note: if you use the Star SM-L200 printer in combination with an iPhone 4S or later model (or an iPad 3rd Generation, iPad mini or newer model), you can skip steps 1 – 2 above. The printer will automatically connect via Bluetooth

LAN Printers

Mobile phones and tablets connect to a LAN printers via a wireless network. LAN printers need to be connected to a wireless router using an Ethernet cable. The PayPal Here app can then connect to the printer by making a wireless connection to the router’s wireless network. LAN printers are only suitable for use in a fixed location where have power supply and a wireless router available.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Jordanthomson
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have purchased the printer that is attached to he link i have posted with this reply.

It states it ios compatible, can you please have a look and tell me if you think it will be compatible with my paypal here app.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311469387206?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Login to Me Too

karen06
New Community Member

I see that you have posted a link to this printer. Can yu let me know if it works as I need a printer that is not silly money!!!!

Login to Me Too

rshaylor
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

I have just tested this with my sm-s220i and can confirm it also works. It also shares the same issue with the 0000a0 before the business name,

One suggestion for the Android app is id love to print test receipts like the iOS counterpart.

Richard

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi rshaylor, 

Welcome to the community.

Appreciate the feedback and we'll be sure to pass it to the PayPal Here team directly. 

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

S84
Contributor
Contributor
Siobhan,
why is the mPOP having some many issues with PayPal? so slow, sometimes will take printer offline, everything is so messed up so often, it's useless! yet it is supposed to be compatible! I have a iPad and am using PayPal Here. it's too sporadicly working to be useful. Am I doing something wrong? please help.
Login to Me Too

sam2142

Hi,

Is or will the Star SM-T300i be supported on Android?

Thanks,

Sam

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi sam2142, 

Welcome to the community. 

You should find all of the information you need on compatible printers Here

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

SunMyths
Contributor
Contributor

I can't help but notice there are a lot more printes approved for iOS than Android.

I'm using an Android smartphone and hope PayPal rectifies the disparity soon.

Meanwhile, I've got a Woosim WSP-R241 Bluetooth printer on order.

(both the retailer and Woosim rep claim it'll work with PPH on Android.)

Login to Me Too

BlueAcornEW
New Community Member

Hi

Can you use much cheaper printers with your Android phone than the Star - such as http://www.tomtop.com/bluetooth-irda-276/p-c2585b-us-2.html?currency=GBP&lang=en&aid=gplagb&gclid=Cj... or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/162104739480?lpid=122&chn=ps&googleloc=9045590&poi=&campaignid=628893...

These seem the same as the Star, but are much more affordable.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.