PCI-DSS for Paypal Here

EggLou
Contributor
Contributor
I now have my own Paypal Here reader for my micro business, do I need to organise my own PCI-DSS procedure for that? Is there a template already somewhere that I can adapt with my details?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi EggLou,

Welcome to the community forum!

Good question- PayPal Here adheres to PCI-DSS so you do not need to worry about this, here is all of the information you should need! 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/paypalhereterms-full#7

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

EggLou
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Siobhain PCI Compliance. You agree that at all times you shall be compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and the Payment Application Data Security Standards (PA DSS), as applicable. You agree to promptly provide us with documentation evidencing your compliance with PCI DSS and/or PA DSS, if requested by us. You also agree that you will use only PayPal-approved PCI compliant service providers in connection with the storage, or transmission of a cardholder’s account number, expiration date, and CVV2. You must not store CVV2 data at any time. Your customers’ Card Data is handled by PayPal if you use the PayPal Here Device to swipe credit, debit and PayPal Payment cards. PayPal adheres to PCI DSS. Thanks Just copied this from your link, I notice on the second line that it states you also agree to promptly provide documentation evidencing my compliance if requested.....so this implies to me that I do need to produce something?? EggLou
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi EggLou, 

For certain PayPal products additional PCI documentation is requested however not for the PayPal Here product. The compliance checks would have been undertaken before PayPal Here was approved so it seems you are good to go.

If you wish for us to take a look at your account specifically we will be happy to help, the PayPal Here team can be reached on <removed> .

Hope this helps! 

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

EggLou
Contributor
Contributor
Thank Siobhan.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

No problem 🙂 

Login to Me Too

kdeo

Siobhan - Does the manual entry/keyed in transaction feature of the Paypal Here SDK bring the calling app into PCI scope?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.