Device Compatibility

PayPal_Siobhán

In order to use the card reader, an Android device must have Bluetooth 2.0 (or higher) and support both capturing devices and peripheral card readers via Serial Port profile (SPP).

At the moment the card reader is NOT compatible with the following Android devices:

Manufacturer

Model

Model number(s)

Android Version

Samsung

Galaxy Ace

GT-S5830i

Samsung

Galaxy Ace

GT-S5830

HTC

Wildfire S

A510E

HTC

Desire HD

A9101

Samsung

Galaxy Ace VE

GT-S5839i

Samsung

Galaxy S Advance

GT-I9070

Samsung

Galaxy Nexus

Samsung

Galaxy Ace 2

GT-I8160

Sony Ericsson

Xperia Arc

LT15i

Sony Ericsson

Xperia Arc S

LT18i

PayPal Here is currently not available for Android tablets.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Gramb0
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have a Moto E (Kitkat 4.4.2) - can't install the app. It reports 'no compatible devices'.

In the devices list it reports the phone as "no carrier motorola XT1021'

I have both WiFi and the mobile data (UK Three Network) enabled and both verified working.

Any ideas? Many thanks!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Grambo0,

I am going to follow up however it sounds like the phone is not compatible I am afraid, due to changes to settings and protocols made by phone manufacturers and mobile carriers the PayPal Here card reader functionality will work with all phone models. 

As above, in order to use the card reader, an Android device must have Bluetooth 2.0 (or higher) and support both capturing devices and peripheral card readers via Serial Port profile (SPP)

Do you know if this is the case with your model?

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

wiktor2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Do you think the reader will work with Sony Xperia M?

Thank you  for your reply, kind regards.

Wiktor

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi wiktor2000,

It is hard to say for sure, the reader is not compatible with the below 2 Sony devices:

Sony Ericsson

Xperia Arc

LT15i

Sony Ericsson

Xperia Arc S

LT18i

In order to use the card reader, an Android device must have Bluetooth 2.0 (or higher) and support both capturing devices and peripheral card readers via Serial Port profile (SPP) so I would suggest having a look at the phone specifications and trying to pair it with your reader,

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

asheblack
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

Could I check with you guys if ebay item 191139878203 would work with the paypal here card reader. If not can anyone advise me of something similar that would be ok.

Thanks.

Ashe

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi asheblack,

We have moved your post as you should find the information you need to check compatibility here! 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

arthurshurn
Contributor
Contributor

Samsung Tab 4 - PayPal Reader

Has anyone had success with the Samsung Tab 4 working with the PayPal Here mobile reader?

This works perfectly with my wife's IPad.

I get a message that says this device is not compatible yet the compatability list includes my tablet.

I have tried all the traditional things, i.e. shut down restart I have not removed the app not sure if that would yield anything.

This is very disappointing.

Login to Me Too

ana-moly
Contributor
Contributor

Or the Iphone 5.

Login to Me Too

Kiwanian
Contributor
Contributor

Is PayPal working to make using a Samsung Galaxy Tablet possible?????????

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.