Card reader won't recognise cards - how do I return?

laura1989
New Community Member

I received my card reader on Friday and tried to use in at an event on Saturday.  It always pairs to my phone no problem and the app works fine.  However the reader doesn't seem to recognise any cards at all.  I tried contactless, inserting and swiping customers cards and it just didn't seem to recognise that there was a card there at all.  After half an hour of fiddling with it I eventually managed to charge my partner's card £1 in at attempt to get it working, however it took 20 minutes for it to recognise the card.  

Please help!  Paypal don't seem particularly open for retuns either as there's nothing on the invoice that tells you have to return faulty items.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi laura1989,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your PayPal Here device. What I would recommend is getting in touch with our PayPal Here team directly. You can reach them on <removed> or <removed>. If the item is faulty they can send you a return envelope and replace it for you.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

escocia12
Contributor
Contributor

i have a similar issue with my new reader, is there a way to contact the Paypal Here team via email?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.