Card reader problems.

LucasGFX
New Community Member

Hi,

My paypal reader always started with bluetooth light blinking now green light starts and after some time green and red triangle blinks. I`ve tried to factory reset the device no luck the same thing. Can you please help me sort it out. Thanks.

Regards

Lucas

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi LucasGFX,

Welcome to the community forum.

That sounds like the device has been damaged or received a knock, would this have been possible? 

In this case I would suggest calling our PayPal Here team to discuss the issue and the option of a replacement device, here's the number to call <removed> 

Hope this helps, 

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

idevicefixer
Contributor
Contributor

mines just done this as well! not happy, happened right in the middle of a sale, customers card was in the device and he was inputting his pin number when it started doing this, no knocks or bumps, its not been dropped or recieved any damage, just failed mid transaction. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi idevicefixer, 

In most cases, a factory reset can solve a problem you are experiencing with your Chip & PIN card reader. 

Here's how:

1.  Locate the small opening next to the power button on the Chip & PIN card reader.
  2.  Insert a pin into this opening and hold it until you see the green triangle flash 8 times and one asterisk sign lit up. This indicates that the device has undergone a factory reset.
  3.  Once the Bluetooth light starts blinking, pair the card reader to your smartphone or iPad and open the PayPal Here app.
  4.  Complete any initialisation or updates if the App prompts you to. We recommend that you complete this step using a WiFi connection and with the card reader connected to a power source.
  5.  Once the card reader has been initialised and the software update has been completed (if needed), the card reader is ready to be used for payments.

If you continue to experience problems with your card reader after the factory reset, it may be worth while contacting PayPal Here Customer Support.

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.