Card Reader

Drewsan
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anywhere I can get instructions for my new Card Reader - I have questions that the limited set-up instructions don't cover?  i.e. How long to charge for and when do you know if fully charged?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Cam22
New Community Member
I have an iPhone 4s and the card reader shows up on my phone, I made one transaction fine but I cannot connect to my phone any more. It just keeps saying make sure your devices switched on etc. My card reader is fully charged, Paypal have sent me a new reader but I cannot get it to sync. Sometimes it flashes up connected for a second hen goes straight to not connected!!!
Login to Me Too

Maria6
New Community Member

Hi will it affect my PayPal reader if I charge it with iPad plug

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Maria6,

Welcome to the community.

You can use another cable this is no problem! 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

COMTEK
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having problems with card reader please advise how to get replacement. I have only used it once and it just keeps flashing red and green.

I have tried

1. Charge the Paypal Here Bluetooth Card Reader

2. Poke a pin into the hole next to the Power button and hold for 8seconds

3. Hold down the SYNC button until it flashes - BUT IT DOESN'T FLASH.

How do i get this resolved or replacement reader. Will I have to pay again?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

H COMTEK,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your card reader 😞

For further troubleshooting tips or to request a replacement device, it's usually best to call the PayPal Here Team directy on <removed> or email <removed>

Would you consider giving this a try for me and letting me know how you get on?

Conor

Login to Me Too

COMTEK
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have rang them. I ordered this over a year ago and has never been used. Very disapointed when I actually came to use it and it didn't work. Paypal have said I have to buy another one  as its gone out of warranty. I wouldn't have minded that if I actually used it. It's been boxed from new and only tried using it now.

Not happy as it's still wrapped like new.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi again Comtek.

Sorry to hear that the warranty timeframe has lapsed for your PayPal Here card reader. 

It's not possible for us to extend the warranty timeframe that if currently offered on PayPal Here devices I'm afraid.

David.

Login to Me Too

Don3

Where is the pin light reader has been plugged in for three hrs light next to charge por5 stays red when plugged in but status is bat. 100%

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Don3,

Apologies for the delayed response. 

The triangle on your card reader will blink red if the battery is very low, otherwise it will blink green until the Bluetooth light starts flashing. Are you still experiencing issues with charging the reader? 

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Jeanné
Contributor
Contributor

Can you describe the proper light sequence I should be getting when I first charge the card reader?

At present it is plugged in, powering (red light indicates this at port on RHside.)

The green stand-by triangle is flashing (on-going). 

Should this be flashing while it is charging?

(I have tried to turn it off via holding in the on/off button, to save power, but it can't be turned off at this point.)

Will this flashing green light turn to blue, or go off, or what??,  once it is charged?

If not, how do I tell when the battery is 100% , if it never progresses to the blue bluetooth ready state, and can't be turned on ?

I have had many problems with these card readers. I am presently on my 4th replacement.

Nowhere can I find any description of what the light should be doing while its charging

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.