Card Reader

Drewsan
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anywhere I can get instructions for my new Card Reader - I have questions that the limited set-up instructions don't cover?  i.e. How long to charge for and when do you know if fully charged?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Drewsan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much that is a great help.

Are there any printable instructions available that you know of?

Nicky

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

PayPal_Conor

Hi Drewsan,

Welcome to our Community Forum Smiley Happy

Happy to answer those queries for you.

The length of time it takes to charge your card reader will depend on your power source but is usually no more than a couple of hours.

You can test the battery status when the card reader is not connected to your mobile device by holding down the cancel button (the yellow arrow) on the card reader for a few seconds. The PIN lights will indicate the battery status. Solid red means that the battery is low. However, if the card reader's PIN light glows a permanent red, the card reader has a low battery and should be charged as soon as possible.

You can also test the battery while your reader is connected by going to the app, tapping the menu icon, then Card Readers.

I hope that helps Drewsan,

Conor

Login to Me Too
Solved

Drewsan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much that is a great help.

Are there any printable instructions available that you know of?

Nicky

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ana

Please check the Battery Management post to get more details about how to charge your Card Reader and how to save battery.

Thanks.

Ana Z
Login to Me Too

Jeanné
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ana,

Where is this Battery Management post?

Login to Me Too

Junction42
New Community Member

Hi

I have just purchased my PayPal Here Card Reader to connect to my Iphone 4S.  Everything went well for my first transaction....

However, I have tried to re-connect again to carry out another transaction and am having problems with connection.  Firstly the card reader is not showing up on my iphone in the bluetooth section......  I have tried re-setting my iphone but still no luck.  

HELP!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi Junction42,

Can you try the below and come back to us with further information if you are still having problems. 

1. Hold down the SYNC button until the Bluetooth light is blinking quickly
  2. Make sure the reader is charged by connecting the USB cable

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

jonhuddo
New Community Member

Troubleshooting TIP:

I had massive problems syncing the device via bluetooth to my iPhone 5S and could not find anywhere online any troubleshooting. Eventually got onto a support representative and here was the solution:

1. Charge the Paypal Here Bluetooth Card Reader

2. Poke a pin into the hole next to the Power button and hold for 8seconds

3. Hold down the SYNC button until it flashes

4. It then showed up on my Bluetooth Devices

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi jonhuddo,

Welcome to the community forum.

Thanks for sharing and making others aware!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.