"Things don't appear to be working at the moment" using Easy Digital Downloads

swann2
Contributor
Contributor

I've been reading through other posts on this subject and haven't been able to find a solution.

I'm using Easy Digital Downloads and the integration with PayPal was working fine while I testing it with PayPal Sandbox.

But when I took EDD out of test mode and connected to PayPal standard, I keep getting the error:

"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

Has anyone else found a solution for this error when using Easy Digital Download?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

Based on the error I was able to reproduce it looks like your PayPal account is setup to only allow encrypted payments. You can disable that by following this guide:

1. Log in to your PayPal business account at www.paypal.com .

2. Click the profile icon (on the top right side of the page. From the Business Profile menu, select Profile and Settings

Note: If you do not see the profile icon on the top right, select Profile which appears in the top menu when the My Account tab is selected.

3. Click My selling tools on the left side of the page, then click the Update link in the Website preferences row. The Website Payment Preferences page opens.

4. Scroll down the page to the Encrypted Website Payments section and disable the block. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Ciaran

an you please post the URL from the error page please?

Login to Me Too

swann2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciarin,

This is the url that leads to the issue: https://swannsmith.com/downloads/teen-wolf-bestiary-ebook/

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Ciaran

Based on the error I was able to reproduce it looks like your PayPal account is setup to only allow encrypted payments. You can disable that by following this guide:

1. Log in to your PayPal business account at www.paypal.com .

2. Click the profile icon (on the top right side of the page. From the Business Profile menu, select Profile and Settings

Note: If you do not see the profile icon on the top right, select Profile which appears in the top menu when the My Account tab is selected.

3. Click My selling tools on the left side of the page, then click the Update link in the Website preferences row. The Website Payment Preferences page opens.

4. Scroll down the page to the Encrypted Website Payments section and disable the block. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.