Paypal saves the "custom" field with a different value than the trasmitted one

tembocd
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I manage different Prestashop E-commerce platforms using Paypal module. I would like to raise a problem affected most of these platforms configured to create orders through IPN system.

Before going  deeper I would like to say that this problem happened on different versions of the Platform, different versions of the Paypal module, in different Hosts from different Hosts Providers, with different PHP versions and different Web Servers. I think I tried all the combinations! 🙂

In a totally random way (and when I say random is because we are trying to track this strange problem since 2014!!) it happens that when a customer is redirected to the Paypal website to confirm his order, the "custom" field (hidden input of the form in my checkout page) is filled with this JSON value:

{id_cart: 123456, hash: "XXXYYYYXXYXYXYXYY"}

This field is used by the IPN to send the correct payment info to our platform, passing the value of the custom field, in this way our platform can create the order thanks to the id of the customer's cart.

But sometimes the custom field in Paypal is saved only with the left brace, the value is:

{

I tried to put logs everywhere, also to track if the cusom field value is correct in the ckeckout page, and I didn't find useful info, the json value is always correct! Nothing helped and helps me to find the problem.

Please do you have any suggestions? Platform forums didn't help me in any way. I think that i went deeper than other users because they only claim that their order is not created after the customer payments, and stop.

Thank you very much

A. I.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Ciaran

Hey, Can you PM me some recent transaction ID's where this happened?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.