PayPal Standard cart/checkout automatically adds +1 item to cart.

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I have a problem with PayPal Standard cart/ checkout on my site.

Example: A customer adds an item to cart then goes to checkout.

Then they use the browser back button to go back from the checkout to the cart. (Perhaps to check or ammend their order)
(I know customers shouldnt use the backbutton from checkout, but as its a normal function of web browsers and it works, they do it.)

Then the cart automatically adds +1 of the item in cart. (when going back from checkout to cart)

If the customer is careful and checks their order during checkout they can see this and then sometimes they contact me to tell of the problem that the cart keeps adding +1.
But some customers are not expecting a problem so just go through checkout without scrutinizing the details and only realize what has happened later.
I suppose we also lose some orders from customers who experience this and then decide not to buy or contact us about it.

So the problem is, cart adds +1 when customer uses the back button to go from checkout back to cart. This is what happened when I tested it myself and customers have confirmed this.

I guess this will happen in any PP standard integration as its not related to something directly on my website. Only from the PP standard hosted checkout and cart.

This only started happening in about November 2016, which was just after the PP standard checkout experience was upgraded for my account. (Mostly a greatly appreciated upgrade)
Before that I never had this problem in 6 years using PP standard on my site, now its almost a weekly occurance.

Thanks for help and hopefully forwarding this to be fixed.

Anthony

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Ciaran

Hey, can you post a lik to where we can test and step by step guide to reproduce. We can test and see whats happening

Login to Me Too

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ciaran,

I have sent you a PM with the link and instructions how to reproduce the +1 in cart.

Example: Add any item to cart then go to checkout.
Then use the browser back button to go back from the checkout to the cart.
The cart automatically adds +1 of the item in cart. (when going back from checkout to cart)

Actually I had mentioned this in a post last December and you had replied:

"I was able to reproduce the item quantity incrementing so will get a bug opened on this and let you know once resolved."

But still this issue is not resolved.

Thanks for looking into it,

Anthony

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Thanks I got it, and was able to reproduce, I'm pretty sure we had this before actually. Either way, I'll get a bug open for this and keep you updated. 

Login to Me Too

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ciaran.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.