Currency Converter during Checkout with PayPal

kau21
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my site is hosted in Wordpress & i am using woocommerce. If some one selects currency as INR (Indian Rupee) while buying a product on site, when he goes to Paypal the same amount is shown as $.. for e.g. if some adds a product worth 300 INR on my site & goes to Paypal for payment there he sees the amount as 300$  which is wrong.. either that amount if show in $ should be appropriately converted, which in this case is 5$ or 6$ or should be shown actually in INR as 300. How can this be resolved?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Andre

Ok, I see. The currency passed must be one of the supported, like USD, otherwise the checkout will not work correctly. What you can do is eventually to use a plug-in in Wordpress, your eCommerce, to convert the currency, here a link.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Andre

Hi, did a test on your website where I see you are passing currency_code = INR. But as INR is not supported as it is not present in the supported currencies list then the system does not recognize the value INR and use the default currency, that is USD Dollars.

Login to Me Too

kau21
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Andrewrote:

Hi, did a test on your website where I see you are passing currency_code = INR. But as INR is not supported as it is not present in the supported currencies list then the system does not recognize the value INR and use the default currency, that is USD Dollars.

Thank you Andre for your reply. I am fine if INR is not in supported currency list in Paypal & it gets converted to appropriate US$, but currently how do a Indian users transact on my site through PayPal? as it is showing same value of INR in US $ on PayPal (Product worth 300 INR is shown as 300 US $ in PayPal checkout, which is wrong  as 1 US $ = 65 INR). So is there a way, by which the product value which is 300 INR, can be appropriately converted  it to US $, (4.60$)? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Andre

Ok, I see. The currency passed must be one of the supported, like USD, otherwise the checkout will not work correctly. What you can do is eventually to use a plug-in in Wordpress, your eCommerce, to convert the currency, here a link.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.