Blank Screen on Payments screen started on April 19, 2017

KevWong
Contributor
Contributor

We've been using OSCommerce with Paypal standard for almost 10 years. As of today when user tries to checkout it goes to the URL https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr and I get a blank page. We have orders from yesterday and nothing has changed since then.

Anyone have any insight as to what's changed and what the fix is?

-Kevin

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

KevWong
Contributor
Contributor

We figured out the problem in our OSCommerce Paypal module. We were passing duplicated variables. This may not be the problem for everyone but essentially we followed the "Payment Standard Upgrade FAQ" steps to debug.

• Passing currency symbols ("$", "£", etc.) or values other than integers (1, 2, 3, etc.) and decimal points (“.”) in the amount field. For example, "1234.50" is correct, but "$1,234.50" isn't allowed.
  • Passing country code values greater than two letters. For example, "FR" is correct, but "France" or "fr_FR" isn't allowed.
  • Passing more than 127 characters in the item_number field. For example, don't use the item_number field for "Note to Buyer" information.
  • Passing more than 64 characters in the option fields (on0on1, etc.).
  • Passing duplicate empty parameters.
  • Passing address_override=1 without passing an address.

If you aren't aware of what variables you are passing, load up your site in Chrome and checkout until you get the blank Paypal screen. At that point right click the blank area and select "INSPECT", go to the "NETWORK" tab then press F5. You should see something like WebSCR. Click that link and then click the "HEADERS" tab. Find the POST VARIABLES area under Request headers and see if your variables are duplicated.

Hope that helps!

-Kevin

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

hoysey
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue, I also know of 3 others with the same problem..

Login to Me Too

swebdesign
Contributor
Contributor

We are having 500 internal server errors instead of a blank screen.

Login to Me Too

hoysey
Contributor
Contributor

took me till 10 minutes ago to figure this out:

Change gmail.com to googlemail.com in your code, it really was that simple... Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too
Solved

KevWong
Contributor
Contributor

We figured out the problem in our OSCommerce Paypal module. We were passing duplicated variables. This may not be the problem for everyone but essentially we followed the "Payment Standard Upgrade FAQ" steps to debug.

• Passing currency symbols ("$", "£", etc.) or values other than integers (1, 2, 3, etc.) and decimal points (“.”) in the amount field. For example, "1234.50" is correct, but "$1,234.50" isn't allowed.
  • Passing country code values greater than two letters. For example, "FR" is correct, but "France" or "fr_FR" isn't allowed.
  • Passing more than 127 characters in the item_number field. For example, don't use the item_number field for "Note to Buyer" information.
  • Passing more than 64 characters in the option fields (on0on1, etc.).
  • Passing duplicate empty parameters.
  • Passing address_override=1 without passing an address.

If you aren't aware of what variables you are passing, load up your site in Chrome and checkout until you get the blank Paypal screen. At that point right click the blank area and select "INSPECT", go to the "NETWORK" tab then press F5. You should see something like WebSCR. Click that link and then click the "HEADERS" tab. Find the POST VARIABLES area under Request headers and see if your variables are duplicated.

Hope that helps!

-Kevin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.