wont let me register credit card

tracie666
New Community Member

ive tried registering my paypal with a capital one credit card and it wont work, why?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_paula

Hi tracie666,

Are you receiving a particular error message saying why you can register your card ?. If you could post some more information in relation to the error message that you are receiving I will be happy to help.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

Peemee
New Community Member

Having same trouble, giving me " incorrect numbers" when they are correct

Login to Me Too

murphy63
Contributor
Contributor

trying to enter new card details but keeps saying errar get in touch with bank which i have nothing rong there thanks george

Login to Me Too

murphy63
Contributor
Contributor

wont accept new card you say fault with bank not so say i have phoned them, not going to phone you any move at £1.60. per minute 8/10 mimute charge not bad is it. george

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi murphy63, 

When you are entering your card information on to your PayPal account please ensure that all the information is correct and that the address you are adding is exactly that same is it is listed on your card statement. If the information is not correct your card issuer will deny use of the card on your PayPal account. 

If this is continuing please contact the online authorisation department at your issuing bank as they will be able to see all online denials. 

I hope this helps

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Aine
New Community Member

Hi Paula,

I am getting a message that says I can't associate any more accounts with this credit card. but I don't have any other accounts so associated.

I do have another Paypal account for my business that is under a different email address & credit card.

But I want to open this one for private purchases.

Can you help please?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Aine, 

It sounds like this card may have been added to more than two PayPal accounts or on the same account more than twice. On PayPal if the same card is added and removed more than twice it can disable the card for use on PayPal for security purposes. 

I would recommend that you contact us by phone to discuss your account specifically. To contact us please click on the contact us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. 

I hope this helps

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.