recurring payments

phatty_hope
New Community Member

i am attempting to setup a subscription to an online game that requires monthly reccuring payements. I have sufficient funds in my PayPal account, yet it asks me for credit/debit card information when I try to use PayPal as my method of subscription (then does not give me an option to click debit card.. only credit) I want to use the funds that are available in my PayPal account, not just add a credit card and have it charged through PayPal, i do not have a credit card hence the reason i setup a debit funded account through paypal. I can understand having someone put a credit card on file for security reasons, i.e. lack of sufficient funds on a recurring month, but i dont see why i cant use my debit account.  also states that: Number of cards active on your account: 0 .. i have a verified paypal acount though? ...any help would be much appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

phatty_hope -

Welcome to the Community!

Some merchants who use billing agreements will not accept eChecks as a valid form of guaranteed payment - as they may be providing or shipping the services or items before billing you, and therefore require that payment always be guaranteed to be immediately available once you are charged. As eChecks are not an immediate form of payment, and the balance may not always be available, these merchants may require a card to be on file in order to guarantee future payments (if bank/balance fails, the card is charged). 

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.