payment

only1garibaldi
Contributor
Contributor

I have just won an auction(yesterday) I paid straight away with pay pal as I always do.However this time, on order details it is saying payment being processed through pay pal.I then checked if the seller has received the money, and it says

recipient not registered,How will he receive the payment

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

only1garibaldi
Contributor
Contributor

I just won an item now it is telling me recipient not registered,what do I do now?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sounds as if your seller does not have a paypal account, you are not allowed to sell on ebay unless you have and accept paypal so if it is an ebay seller he needs to sort things.

Firstly can you go to your paypal account and by the transaction does it say unclaimed with a cancel option? If so then cancel the payment as it won't be going anywhere but it will take a few days to go back to your funding source.

Then contact the seller and see what is happening and come back here if you need further advice.

Good luck. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Only1garibaldi,

If you are being advised that your seller is not registered, I would think that they have entered the wrong email address when they were listing their item on eBay.

You should try contacting your seller directly and provide them with the email address that the payment was sent to and they will be able to tell you if the email address is correct or not.

If the email address is incorrect, you should have the option to cancel the payment and then resend the payment to their correct email address using the send money tab on your PayPal account.

Please let me know how it goes.

David.

Login to Me Too

Davidrobinson
New Community Member
I had the same thing happen I paid with PayPal and eBay said it's not paid,so went to PayPal and it said seller not reg or claimed money,so trying all day to contact seller with about 10 emails and eBay but nothing no reply,so I was not happy,so as a seller he should make sure to sort it or at least send mail to let me know but his loss so give him very bad feedback as this is not on and they should know better before selling things so I cancelled payment and now have to wait as eBay puts a hold on it great just what I needed when I need the money in to buy the same from another seller what a wast of space the seller is,cowboy lol.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you were able to cancel a payment it means the seller made a mistake with the email address on their auction and could not accept your payment.

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

This is done so you get your item more quickly.

So when you cancel that payment (as the seller can't accept it), those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Sometimes its a simple mistake when a seller enters there email on their auction and makes a spelling mistake or not changed it to a new email addy in the paypal payment box.

If the seller is away and can't respond to your emails I would give him a few days as sometimes if it is an old email addy they can add it to their account and the payment will come with it. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.