paying methods"main balance"

ameralrawi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
my paypal account is turkish and i have about 30$ in my main balance but when i choose paypal as a payment method anywhere, like when i want to buy domain from godaddy the amount deducted from the card and the main balance still the same.

So, is that because my account is turkish or there are a problem?

Thanks!

Amer

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Carlos

Ok, I think I can understand this better now. 

You have mentioned that your purchases are monstly made in USD but you have some funds in your local currency. If you would like those funds to be used, you just need to convert them to USD in advance 🙂

To see the option to convert funds from one to other balance, just click in your balance or the link below called currency. 

Hope this resolves your issue 🙂

Carlos 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you want to use funds in your paypal account balance then they have to be in the same currency as the person you are paying accepts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ameralrawi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello kernowlass,

thank you for reply, my currency is TL, and most of them accept USD or EUR, but i made my primary currency in paypal USD is that make any difference?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello ameralrawi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal community 🙂

I am sorry to hear about this, I understand that this can be confusing in somehow. The best thing is to select the TL balance as primary and try to complete the payment. Generally, this should work :_)

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

ameralrawi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Carlos,
thank you so much for your reply but i already tried that, and i think maybe that happens because the turkish account do not allow buying from the main balance and i have to transfer the money to my bank account or card before i can use it. am i right?

thank you anyway for your help.

Amer

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Carlos

Ok, I think I can understand this better now. 

You have mentioned that your purchases are monstly made in USD but you have some funds in your local currency. If you would like those funds to be used, you just need to convert them to USD in advance 🙂

To see the option to convert funds from one to other balance, just click in your balance or the link below called currency. 

Hope this resolves your issue 🙂

Carlos 

Login to Me Too

ameralrawi
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley Happy Thank you very much Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.