not as decribed item -return postage?

catherine1968
New Community Member

I bought a handbag from eBay and the listing stated in 'very good condtion'.  When it arrived the leather was scuffed, it was dirty and the lining was marked and ripped.

I contacted the seller and did not receive a reply so I opened a case with eBay, within a few hours I was told the buyer  had agreed to a refund ( even though the listing did state no refunds).

I had to bear the cost of sending this back by a recordable method.

Looking at feedback received today for this seller another buyer is unhappy about the condtion of an item too.  Can I claim my costs back in such a case?  If not what is to stop sellers listing a load of rubbish and who protects the buyer?

TIA

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there catherine1968,

Regrettably there is no way to claim this money back through PayPal. The problem we have is, legally we can only ever go into the Sellers account for the amount that has gone through our system. Anything extra could not be returned by us.

I've included the portion of the User Agreement that covers this.

13.6  How is the Claim resolved?

PayPal may require the buyer to post an item back to the seller that the buyer claims is Significantly Not as Described (at the buyer’s expense),

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.