new requirements and problem processing payment

atpm77
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know why I have to type in my ful back account number now to purchase anything? I have been unable to purchase items because the transaction are unable to be completed for some reason. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

NancyLynn66
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I would have added a debit card, it says all over the site that I can, but the option is not available, and no directino as to what to do.

There is also an unsatisfactory explanation as to why we have to disclose out credit card info. I was told "in the event your paypal account won't cover the full amount." Well, if that's the case, deny me the product/service, like any ATM or PPS! Sounds fishy to me, and believe me I wish someone would take the time to answer or perhaps just reconsider this new, unfair policy.

Login to Me Too

atpm77
Contributor
Contributor

atpm77
Contributor
Contributor

This is the response I received from PAYPAL:      

I appreciate your concern over this matter. Upon careful review of your account, I can guarantee you that there's nothing wrong with your PayPal account and it is still set up to send money anytime. When I also checked the payment you tried sending, even though there's no problems with your card and bank, the payment is being temporarily blocked by our security model. I strongly suggest that you ask the seller to send you an invoice or send the payment via an eCheck. Also, you can add money from your bank to PayPal which can take from 6 to 8 business days.

We have the security model in place, because since PayPal is not a face to face company, all payments that are going through our database are filtered to make sure that the payments are safe. If in case that the transaction is unsafe or risky on your end, the system will automatically ask you to use a different payment method.

Here’s how to add money to your PayPal account from a confirmed bank account:

1. Go to paypal and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Add Funds’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘Add funds from a bank account.’
  4. Select the bank account to withdraw from, and then enter the amount you want to withdraw.
  5. Select the PayPal balance to add the money to, and then click ‘Continue.’
  6. Review the details and click ‘Submit.’
  • Takes 6 to 8 business days for your money to be available.
  • For a detailed breakdown of the timeframe click 'Add Funds' and then click the question mark under 'Processing time.'

Should you need further assistance, you are most welcome to call us at <removed> or <removed> during these hours:

* 4:00 AM PT to 10:00 PM PT, Monday–Friday
    * 6:00 AM PT to 8:00 PM PT, Saturday and Sunday

Thank you for choosing PayPal. It's been a pleasure to serve a valued customer like you.

Sincerely,
Carrie
PayPal, an eBay Company

Login to Me Too

NancyLynn66
Contributor
Contributor

Great! A reply. But is it really an answer? Smiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too

NancyLynn66
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for sharing, aptm77.Woman Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.