need help with error

samabadshah
Contributor
Contributor

for the fast week i have been all over the internet and have been on the phone with paypal with no difrence since the begining

i have almost 500 in my account and a cc with like 50 and i have bveen trying to buy a cemera but everythime i try anything this error comes up

"

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

"

ive tried everything like changing ip trying mobile going into private browser diffrent computer diffrent account nothing works i can use my money i am thinking about filing a class action lawsuit becasue im am restrained from using my money and ive tried practially every website and everything from 1$ to $500 can anyone help ive looked around and this problem has persited since 2011! if anyone can actually help me ill send them a virual cookieRobot Happy

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you want to use funds that are already in your PayPal account balance then you have to have a backup card linked to PayPal as well. 

So is your card current and verified on PayPal? 

You say it's got £50 on it so do you mean you have a credit limit of that amount left or is it a prepaid card? 

Also if you only have 50 then that could be why they won't use it as a possible backup. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

samabadshah
Contributor
Contributor

the card is a prepaid but we have also tried with a card linked to my bank account that was verified

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi samabadshah & kernowlass,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. 

@samabadshahIt sounds like our internal security model may be stopping that particular payment : http://ow.ly/QOJRl

Would you mind following the tips in this article to see if they help at all?

If you've no luck, feel free to send us a quick tweet or a Facebook message so we can investigate this further. 

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

We look forward to hearing from you samabadshah,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.