loss or damage claim

losing_the_will
Contributor
Contributor

is there anyone out there who can advise me on how to claim my money back  from pay pal  for a none ebay item i received which was totally damaged beyond repair in transit

Thanks for you time

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As long as you paid via an invoice or send money > goods then you can file a dispute for item received but not as described.

Go to the left hand side of your paypal summary page and scroll down to > More about your account > resolve a problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

losing_the_will
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Thanks for the advice, does that mean then that the original payment to the seller is suspended until the dispute is settled

i know the seller sent it perfect condtion and the damage must have been caused by the courier but we can't get any joy out of them any more advice please Thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

does that mean then that the original payment to the seller is suspended until the dispute is settled

If he has not withdrawn it to his bank account then it will be held until the dispute is sorted.

However that is not your problem as if paypal find in your favour and the seller does not have funds in his paypal account balance and refuses to refund then paypal should refund you as long as you met the criteria for buyer protection under that programme. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.