error "Return to merchant and try a different payment method"

mandeep7
New Community Member

Hi, my customer are not able to process payment. they're getting the error "Return to merchant and try a different payment method". i'm eagerly waiting to your reply.

thanks

mandeep

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

meliski

I also have same problem

We're sorry, but we can't send your payment right now

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

Login to Me Too

VapeFunk

I'm having this same issue to. My Paypal account was working fine a couple days ago (made purchases). Recently, I changed my Return Address Name (when I ship out items) to my business name and I think that's when I kept getting this error message. I can pay with my other Paypal account fine. 

Login to Me Too

VapeFunk

I fixed the problem, using another Paypal account! Before you Pay (while you're still on Ebay), there is a checkbox that says to unlink the account. After you unlink, click on Pay. Use a different Paypal account and voila! I think there is a bug in Paypal's system. I'll call up Paypal to see what's wrong with my first account.

Login to Me Too

Fortyfour
New Community Member

there's two different payment when using paypal

1. Payment deduct from paypal balance, it means no need CC linked (I bought stuff and it worked)

2. Payment that still need CC linked, even u have balance in ur paypal account (in my case, my cc that i used for verification has been disabled for whatever reason, and when I buy stuff from website that required cc data, that notification "We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)."  always appear. So this problem depends on ur merchant or website. If payment deduct from paypal balance only, it still worked. But if the payment deduct form ur paypal balance but still also need ur CC linked, it won't work.

Sorry, I know, My english is horrible. 

Login to Me Too

sae
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for sharing

but then how can we solute this? if the system with CC data, can we never pay?

Login to Me Too

Shenanigans78

I too am getting this Error from my Paypal account when I'm trying to do test purchases on my bosses new website. My payments are set to come direct from my bank (my account is fully verified) and all my inputted details match my paypal account information (I've made payments to other people with no problems at all in between my testing, its just my bosses website I can't buy from)  ..... Unlike the most of the people who have commented on here I also have access to the Paypal account that I'm attempting to making test purchases from and my boss has been in contact with Paypal and they were given a 4 digit code for some reason or another and once they inputted that it was supposed to sort out them being able to take payments from Cards (without a Payal account) and from customers with a paypal account, but we are still getting this Error??

Given all this my only conclusion can be is there is either a glitch with paypal or my Bosses paypal account is glitched?   Does anyone have any more ideas on what the hey is going on?

Screen Shot of Error

Login to Me Too

christheln18
New Community Member

I spoke with one of paypal's reprecentatives and he said that the issue may just be, trying to use paypal on a device you don't usually go on or it could be switching browsers, so for example if you're using google chrome it is best if you try to use internet explorer instead.  maybe re starting your computer , things like that. I'm about to try it 

Login to Me Too

Bellito009
Contributor
Contributor

Yes switching browser will work sometimes also if you have more than one email link to your paypal try using another email,that worked for me.Also log in to paypal and ensure your emails are all verified.Hope this finnally solve the issue,which apears to be a gmail thing.

Login to Me Too

StrangeStranger
Contributor
Contributor

Started having the same problem, can't purchase from Humble Bundle even though there's enough in my account.

Login to Me Too

NeiLatoRaS
New Community Member

before 5 min i do it a payment. 

Find your part.

Buy it now

Continue

Dont fill paypal password go down to Pay with my gradit or debit cart

fill all 

and done

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.