error "Return to merchant and try a different payment method"

mandeep7
New Community Member

Hi, my customer are not able to process payment. they're getting the error "Return to merchant and try a different payment method". i'm eagerly waiting to your reply.

thanks

mandeep

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

CylimORG

The problem sometimes occur sometimes not, I dont think customer service know why the problem occur as well but still no sign that they pass the issues to the technician, I tried two different laptop(Mac,Win8), one mobile phone(iOS), with different 4 browser(IE,Chrome,Firefox,Safari) and three internet service provider(they even suspect my internet service provider)..

Or probably more simple, they blocked some IP access? Maybe the time I success is because I am too lucky to get good IP for once.. =.=

Login to Me Too

ginafrea1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'm getting this problem too.  After attempting to log into pp got page which said pp unable to process payment now return to merchant.  My account is linked & have three cards registered so can't be a problem with card issuer.  Also bought other items recently with no problem.

Called pp who said there is a problem with seller's email - (not so).  Called ebay who said I'm using the 'wrong browser' (surreal). Advice is to request invoice from seller & pay via that.

After checking pp discussion boards this problem has been reccuring.

Login to Me Too

babylove2412
Contributor
Contributor

i also get the same problem, using all solution on internet, i still not working!!! any one help???? please!!

Login to Me Too

Alotharian
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My experience:

1) I tried to purchase something using PayPal. When logging in with PayPal account I got the warning that I do not have enough amount on my PayPal account, so I had the option to link my bank card to the PayPal account. I chose to quit, and top up my PayPal account from the bank. I did it within a few hours.

2) Since then I tried to perform the buying several times without success (although the balance on the PayPal account is more than enough). I am always getting this annoying error message when trying to login with PayPal:
"Return to merchant and try a different payment method"

regards,

Rian

Login to Me Too

Ver
New Community Member

I'm getting the same message as everyone "to contact the merchant". There is no problem with the bank, I know for fact. So I assume it's somthing on paypal side... Can someone PLEASE fix it! at least suggesting what the issue is, instead of suggesting to contact the merchant as merchant has nothing to do with that!

I need my stuff and I need it on time, can anyone solve the issue??????????????

Login to Me Too

dolic
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I'm getting that message for a month. Checked with my bank, try to change delete cookies, change browser, pay  from mobile phone, everything... 😞

I agree the isue is on PayPal. I wrote few emails to PayPals costumer service, but just getting same useless advices and no solutions. ( try a different time or computer for example...)

PayPal, please do something finaly about that issue !!!
Login to Me Too

nOizYbOi

@dolic wrote:
Hi, I'm getting that message for a month. Checked with my bank, try to change delete cookies, change browser, pay  from mobile phone, everything... 😞

I agree the isue is on PayPal. I wrote few emails to PayPals costumer service, but just getting same useless advices and no solutions. ( try a different time or computer for example...)

PayPal, please do something finaly about that issue !!!

Login to Me Too

BlackSmithCZ
New Community Member

Hi,

I have this problem in two different online shops. I tried everything (register bank account, change address and phone number, use different browser, OS and PC, send money to my paypal account (do not do this. it does not work and now I have problem with sending this money to another account)).
I found one way,

1. I remove card from paypal account and during shopping (paying on paypal page),
  2. I chose "Pay with my credit or debit card".
  3. I filled all fields, I used another email address and chose "Save you informations ...". This way create new payPal account (with new email address) and in my case it works.  After this, I payed in another shop and I used my new account and all is OK.
Login to Me Too

dolic
Contributor
Contributor

@BlackSmithCZ wrote:

Hi,

I have this problem in two different online shops. I tried everything (register bank account, change address and phone number, use different browser, OS and PC, send money to my paypal account (do not do this. it does not work and now I have problem with sending this money to another account)).
I found one way,

1. I remove card from paypal account and during shopping (paying on paypal page),
  3. I filled all fields, I used another email address and chose "Save you informations ...". This way create new payPal account (with new email address) and in my case it works.  After this, I payed in another shop and I used my new account and all is OK.

Hi,
Did You use the same credit cart for new PayPal account ?
Login to Me Too

dolic_new
New Community Member

@dolic wrote:

@BlackSmithCZ wrote:

Hi,

I found one way,

Hi,
Did You use the same credit cart for new PayPal account ?

Uhh, finaly

I created new account with my old credit card, and now it works for me !

Thanks for help BlackSmithCZ, PayPal costumer service is useless. 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.