error "Return to merchant and try a different payment method"

mandeep7
New Community Member

Hi, my customer are not able to process payment. they're getting the error "Return to merchant and try a different payment method". i'm eagerly waiting to your reply.

thanks

mandeep

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

read the above post

Login to Me Too

dfyimrich
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I have tried to top up the account and the message is the same. Checked with my bank, they do not have an issue. Called paypal and they told me to wait 24hrs and try again. Will see tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

dfyimrich
Contributor
Contributor

So yesterday I have tried a couple of other things, like I tried to remove the v.c.c (verified credit card) and add it again, however it did not work. So I decided to wait until 24 hrs passed along and tried to send money after that. It did work, so I guess we just have to stay calm but it is definitely worth calling paypal customer service to listen to their advice. All the best and happy buying everyone. Buy the way thank you all of you for the great help and advise.

Login to Me Too

sarhodes
New Community Member

When he states....to see/read above. Basically he is saying "No. Paypal is not going to do anything to resolve the problem."

All my info matches. My bank is not preventing the payment. So, according to him, it is paypals fraud protection that is preventing the transaction....and its pointless to call and yell at them because they cannot override the system? That is a paypal problem. Their "system" needs modified. Something needs changed. You cannot provide a service and then simply tell the person...sorry its not working but we are not going to do anything to make it work. Convincing the seller to send an invoice isnt the solution. Paypal should find a solution. This is lame. 

Login to Me Too

kaylou67
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone having a problem with pay after delivery.  I have this problem too BUT only when I am on Ebay using Google Chrome.  I found this out just last week when paying for an item on Ebay and I got an error message asking me to choose another account which meant although I could actually use the same bank account I wasn't able to select the pay after delivery option.

I checked my settings - nothing had changed - contacted Paypal - no change there either.

Anyway a couple of days later I bought something else on Ebay this time having accidently opened Internet Explorer browser instead of Chrome.  I was able to use Pay After Delivery option straight away with no problems.

I've since tested this out and yes it's still the same - Google Chrome = still getting the error message.

Internet Explorer = no problem madam on you go!

Weird eh?

Login to Me Too

sonicwolfsdutch
Contributor
Contributor

omg guys i have the same prob i want to buy somfing same error -__- paypal say its a problem whit the seller the seller says its problem whit paypal 😕 i dont get it i buyd it 1ns it workt perfect now year later i cant uggg u guys found a fix?

Login to Me Too

um-ghazi
New Community Member

OMG...me too! sort it out paypal!! you're making it very difficult to buy anything... what do I think of your new payment system? I think it **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

lorrain2931
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

09/27/13

And this problem is still happening can anyone explain what the go is ? i was trying to buy a new modem on ebay and go to the check out part gives me my funding choices i choose credit card and it doesnt work. tried bank it doesnt work i don't understand why this is happening. Im new to paypal and im very frustrated already think i might give up all together!!!!

Login to Me Too

AndrewGibbs123
New Community Member

SAME EROOR, EVEN WHEN I TRYING TO PAY A INVOCE. NOBODE FIXED THIS PROBLEM? 

Login to Me Too

bungalow
Contributor
Contributor

hi folks,

i am a pensioner, learning myself how to use a computer by trial and error.  i think that we are all having the same problems,  i bought an item off ebay last monday without any problems.  i tried to buy again on friday, and i am getting the same problems as you all.   so i went onto the paypal chat service,  and after quite a long time with the paypal guy he said the problem was being caused by my browser,  GOOGLE CHROME.  and suggested i try another browser, ie firefox.

if you google search the problem   [  paying paypal with  GOOGLE CHROME  ]  you might understand it a lot more than i do.  but apperently GOOGLE CHROME  did an update which is causing the problem with paypal.   i have bought from AMAZON  using CHROME without any problems.  but i also understand that some firefox users are having the same problems.

if anyone can sort this out with this information please tell me how to rectify it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.