error "Return to merchant and try a different payment method"

mandeep7
New Community Member

Hi, my customer are not able to process payment. they're getting the error "Return to merchant and try a different payment method". i'm eagerly waiting to your reply.

thanks

mandeep

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

shaunee
Contributor
Contributor

Payments to this merchant are not available from the country where your bank or credit card on your PayPal account is registered

So which account isnt registered in the UK ???????

i know my bank account and credit card is registered in the UK I know I am in the UK ......so is paypal.CO.UK not in the UK !!!!!!! I cant even deposit funds from my bank account into my paypal account despite being verified

Login to Me Too

Hi

i am getting the same error:

"Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available)."

i won an auction and now i cant pay for it. my seller does not want to send me an invoice directly to my paypal so that is not an option for me. my paypal seems to be working fine and i have balance in paypal as well as in my bank.

can anyone help me with this.?

Login to Me Too

Bellito009
Contributor
Contributor

Ok folks i have the same problem and here is my 2cents i,m using proxy servers so it would appear  that paypal security picked up on the server hopping and block transaction from going through,because if it detects you in one country and then another in the same day it asume that someone is trying to hack your account,so wait it out are stick to one server.

Login to Me Too

donbiscuit
New Community Member

Yep agree ...  the reason for the transaction beiung declined is PayPal's fraud detection systrems ..  In my case I was trying to buy gift cards for NZ delivery, with a NZ Credit card but the system would have seen me as comiong from a US IP adrdess.  Even once I corrected this the transaction was still flagged as suspicious.  

Another part of the dection system which could be trigged is multiple Paypal logins from same IP address, especially where the login IP doesn't match the customers billing address.

TO FIX.. need to ring Pay Pal. Tell them the message and they will fix.  It was fairly painless and only took 5 mins.

Login to Me Too

amylou743

what is the actual solution or cause of this problem, i havent been able to order any of my things because of this message!

Login to Me Too

Bellito009
Contributor
Contributor

Ok after my previous post found a solution.my ebay address match my paypal no problem buying.my chinabuye address didn't match hence the problem. So i decided to edit my paypal address matching all fields to chinabuye reenter card CSC number  save and problem solve.Hope this help let me know.

Login to Me Too

Bellito009
Contributor
Contributor

From wherever you are buying make sure that the following matches with your paypal .Street adress,city,state/province,zip code and country.For Jamaica. street address line 1=residents,line 2= district and P.O,city=parish,state/province= (-) zip code=(-) and then country.make sure they match and you will get rid of that message.Good luck.

Login to Me Too

sirhugo
Contributor
Contributor

i will cotinue to post this until people actually read it and understand

This is for everyone whos having problems paying with paypal. hopefully this will shed some light as to why.

If you payment wont go thru its due to 1 of 2 reasons.

1. the payment was declined by bank/card issuer

2. the payment was stopped by paypals security system.

if 1, then check that the card details are correct on paypal. also check you card hasnt expired. if this isnt the problem, phone the bank and ask for the online authorisation dept. they will till you why it was declined.

if 2, paypal blocked it as they suspected it was risky or fraudulent. they cant override the system so no use phoning and yelling at them. try a different card if you have one. if that does nt work trying waiting 24 hours. if still no joy try the following:

1. verify your bank account if not already done

2. ask the person/company to send you a money request and pay directly through it

3. top up your paypal balance and try the payment

hopefully this helps a little

Login to Me Too

xpandaDro1dx

You are not reading the post people are saying they have funds in their paypal account, NOT their bank, NOT their credit cards. I have money in my paypal account and I cannot spend it. That is **bleep**!

Now I have to wait to call customer service to figure this out and not everyone can accomidate their hours as being convenient. paypal - **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

KLIN313
New Community Member

so does paypal going to do something to fix this problem?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.