error code:70011 10002

mmkaja
A nonpayment case was opened up against me through eBay & when I trid to pay for the item as I always have, it says error code 70011 10002. Please help. It said authentification email, password incorrect but I've logged into both eBay & Paypal with no problems.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DressedInBlack
New Community Member

I'm also having the same error code.

A good thing to do is make sure you contact the seller that you're having an issue with PayPal at the moment, and you'll let them know when it's solved.

I have talked to a PayPal representative about it, and he could not find out why I couldn't process the payment. I'm still having the issue, actually.
Some things he had me try that may help you:

-Make sure your default mailing address matches your PayPal mailing address.
-Clear browser history/cookies
-Try a different browser to complete the payment
-If you're logging in to a new location (ex. different country), try again approx. an hour later

The only solution he said I have is to contact the seller and see if s/he will send an invoice to my personal PayPal account instead of eBay. That, or send the money directly to their account via the "Send Money" tab, which requires you to have their email address.
I know, eBay doesn't allow sellers/buyers to send their contact information in the message system. Honestly a person has to go through the "shady way" and disguise their emails in the message as something like "JohnDoe at G Mail dot community minus munity". Like I said, it's a "shady" thing to do, but seeing as how PayPal doesn't have a straight solution for this yet, I don't see the issue with it.

As a disclaimer, don't run to this last option automatically. Contact a PayPal representative to see if they can solve the issue at all, and you may want to contact eBay as well. Just something to make sure both companies know you're having an issue and have already tried everything else.

Hopefully this helped... and hopefully someone finds a definite way of solving this soon.

Login to Me Too

shootingstar273
New Community Member

I received this error message today as well. I talked to PayPal first and they said there was nothing wrong with my account. I then called Ebay and they said that error code means there is something wrong with the seller's PayPal account. So they told me to contact the seller and tell them they need to contact PayPal to resolve the issue. I haven't heard back from the seller yet, but hopefully this helps.

Login to Me Too

IanUK
Contributor
Contributor

I think its a cookies error. I am having exactly the same issue at the moment and there is nothing to suggest any normal reason other than this. I have cookies errors because I have 3 ebay accounts (for completely different businesses) and because I switch between them all its easy for ebay to get in a wind, when this happens I cannot update my stock listings etc etc.

So, I suggest as a first stop clear your cache. I use this URL http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache for the appropriate browser.

Try that and see if your problem resolves itself.

I'll try it now and come back whether it solves my current problem.

Login to Me Too

IanUK
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, clearing my cache didn't seem to resolve the problem in this situation.

I used a different browser (Firefox as opposed to Explorer) as thats effectively the same solution albeit temp if I want to use explorer again with ebay. Notably though clearing the cache never seems to work immediately its almost as though you need to wait 30 minutes or something on ebays side, perhaps for their servers to refresh or something.

Anyway, will try contacting the other party to the transaction and see if they can resolve any issue from their side.

Login to Me Too

IanUK
Contributor
Contributor

Issue was on sellers side. Has sent an invoice direct which I've been able to pay.

So its all settled. Luckily my avatar allows me to kick off and get annoyed without counting to 100.

Still though, all this consumes time and these error codes should have more information attached to them to direct us to resolving issues.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.