Wrong Address

daphnegh
New Community Member

Hi all,

I realized too late that the invoice for the items I just purchased have my old address as my shipping address despite the fact that I changed it. Is there any way I can recetify this with the seller before it's too late?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

utopiaglass
Contributor
Contributor

My suggestions would be get in touch with the seller right away - they may not have shipped yet.  See if you can change the address on your PayPal account before they try to reship because most sellers won't ship to any other address but the one on the buyer's PayPal account. 

If it has already been mailed you can go to the post office and pay for the mail forwarding option......as long as the post office gets the change before the package gets to them.

If all else fails the package should get returned to the seller, in which case you may be able to work something out with them then to have it reshipped, or cancel the transaction. 

Its always best to try to communicate with your seller first whenever possible.  Good luck!

Login to Me Too

oa15573
New Community Member

Hi there - I got a refund from a seller regarding an item that was outstanding a while back - I want the balance transferd to my credit card - how do I do that ?

Cheers

Omar

Login to Me Too

Ivoman
Contributor
Contributor

I too had just purchased a $4.00 item from ebay and recognized, after I pressed send,  that the shipping address was my previous residence where I have not lived the for the past 1.5 years. I clearly recall changing my shipping address and it defaulted back to my old one. I notified the seller immediately of my mistake only to be advised that they will not ship to my corrected address. All this aside, it would be a reasonable feature for ebay to default your shipping to your current address unless you manually specify otherwise. I would far rather have to reship to another address once it came to my home than not receiving the item because it defaulted to an incorrect, or in my case, outdated address. I cannot seem to find anywhere in the preferences where I can remedy this issue? It only asks for my home address and apparently does not default as my shipping address. This is a royal pain!

Login to Me Too

mswejh
New Community Member

i feel your pain.  i've been on the phone w/ paypal for HOURS in the past month.  it seems they ship wherever the **bleep** they please, then blame it on the seller, me, ebay, USPS.  the last thing that occurred was my street address--with the wrong city.  a city i've never lived in.  listed nowhere, b/c the address doesn't exist.  

Login to Me Too

twiga
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I advised the vendor immediately and he did not ship.

However it is a week now and I have found it impossible to change the delivery address or to cancel the transaction and make a new one. 

The whole situation is a nightmare, the vendor says Paypal told him that only I can cancel the transaction. Paypal told me on the phone that only the vendor can cancel the transaction and that there is no way that I can change the delivery address, even though product has not shiped and that only option is to cancel and reorder.

However there appears to be no way to cncel either from my side, and the vendor cnnot find a way either.

The problem drags on and on for 7 days now and Paypal is no help.

Login to Me Too

girlygirl
New Community Member

i have had the same problem! i changed my home and shipping address, i ordered several things from ebay and when only half of them showed up i went looking and realized paypal put the WRONG ADDRESS on the transaction!! all the items are long shipped and i can't get ahold of the new residents . Is there anything paypal is willing to do? 

Login to Me Too

Amaethon
New Community Member

WTF is with paypall?!?!?  I placed an order for an item on ebay, entered my shipping address and CC number.  2 days later, I find out the package is being shipped to the address I changed when I ordered the item (Paypall shows my current address AND that its verified with my old address being listed as an alternate address), so why the BLIP did they pass on the old address to the seller???

Login to Me Too

Ivoman
Contributor
Contributor
It appears the shipping address which was originally input when they verified your account with your banking info is the default. I think you need to reverify your banking info with a current address before the change takes place. Either qay its nonsense.
Login to Me Too

twiga
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is a foreign address. Foreign addresses are never verified, I just found out a 3rd vendor decided not to ship because he was frightened by the non-verified status and the warning by Paypal that accompanies it.

I cannot buy any deliverable goods using Paypal any longer because of the crazy warning they send vendors that the delivery address is non-verifiied and they they might not be paid by me. Paypal lawyers are carazy!!! The actua; words of the warning are even worse!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.