Why some services dont use existing paypal balance ?

Raacut
Contributor
Contributor

I was just curious as to why some services such as skype or nonoh dont use the existing balance in your paypal account.

They insist on using e check ( i dont have a credit card and I cant link my debit card as i have canadian bank account). Its quite frustrating to wait 7-8 days for money to transfer to your paypal account and then you find out that the service you require it for is not going to directly take the money out of paypal account. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Raacut
Contributor
Contributor

bump !

coz i want answers ! 

Login to Me Too

LightBurner

I, too, want to know why...

I have money in my account (which is already a verified account) and whenever I want to buy something with paypal, it asks me to link a credit card to my paypal account... Why!!!???

If my account is verified and I have money in my account... Why do you need a credit card!?!?

And why do you need to do a "soft transfer" on a credit card? Just to know it's our card? If it wasn't mine, I wouldn't putting in the numbers! 

Is there a way around such frustrating imposition!?!?

LB

Login to Me Too

Raacut
Contributor
Contributor

Alrighty then ! 

It seems it was my bad with the case for nonoh. I thought i was dealing in canadian dollars and it was actually asking in euros. With the conversion and all i didnt have enough in my paypal balance and thats why it went to e-check method.

So , so far skype is the only service i know of for sure that goes directly to e-check method even if you have paypal balance. Im guessing this is not a paypal issue , but skype being annoying with some new security feature that you have to have a credit crad linked to your paypal account in order to purchase online. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.