Why am I not redirected to paypal for purchases on facebook

patglennon81
New Community Member
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_paula

Hi patglennon,

When you first make a payment on facebook using PayPal, a billing agreement is set up between your facebook account and your PayPal account. As the billing agreement is set up with the first transaction any transactions after that are processed automatically.

When the billing agreement is set up it means that you authorise facebook to take any funds requested from facebook using your PayPal account. When you send a payment facebook request the funds directly from PayPal so there is no need for you to log in to your PayPal account.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Paula

Login to Me Too

miss80
New Community Member

because i always hav to login and confirm with paypal usually, i treated sum friends to facebook credits, not realising that they can now top up wen ever they like, thankfully they havent realised yet, i myself only discovered it last nite wen buying more for myself, i see u can remove it from ur facebook page, but wot about the people who i dont hav access to their account? is there any way i can stop the payments to their facebook from my paypal as i cannot find an option, please help its only a few pounds here n there but it all adds up and i dont want charges if do not hav enough money in the bank.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi miss80,

May I suggest that you cancel the pre-approved payment agreement that you have set up on your PayPal account.

Here’s how to cancel a subscription or recurring payment:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile.’
  3. Click ‘My preapproved payments’ under ‘Financial Information.’ (Don’t see this step? Follow the alternative set of instructions below.)
  4. Select the merchant whose agreement you want to cancel and click ‘Cancel.’
  5. Click ‘Cancel Profile’ to confirm your request

Once this has been cancelled no more payments can be taken out unless you set up the agreement again.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.