Who pays for return postage for a damaged/faulty item

nanof5
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i just bought on ebay (from a buisness seller) and received a wooden baby swing (paid by Paypal) i paid £5.99 courier fees for it, however the swing itself is badly damaged with a large crack in the inside of it, to dangerous to put my Grandaughter in so i have asked for a refund for this reason, after looking at the sellers feedback which i should have done befor now i see she has sold another with a crack in for alot less money also someone paid full price as i did and have left neg feedback due to the same reason as me faulty with crack in wood, the seller has agreed to refund me on return of this item but who pays for the return courier ? me or the seller, any advise please, many thanks Suzie.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As the seller is a UK business seller under DSR regs they are responsible for return postage costs.

HOWEVER in the event of a dispute paypal can only force the seller to refund the origininal payment processed through paypal and not return postage costs.

But you can ask the seller for the return costs and if she /he refuses you can report them to trading standards or file in the small claims court for the return costs.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nanof5
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, thank you for your reply, i have contacted the seller and asked if they would pay for return postage, i will see what they say, thanks again Suzie.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.