Where is the refund payment from ebay seller??

december30
New Community Member

i want to know where is the refund payment from an ebay seller. i never got their merchandise and they have sent me an invoice stating that they refunded my payment on Oct 24,2011 but i have never received it. i have checked my credit card company and nothing. i have checked my history here and nothing shows up. so what is the deal. i am missing $32.86USD

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

december30 -

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your refund.  First, you're going to want to take a look at your PayPal account in your History.  Locate the original transaction - you'll have to scroll it back by searching for the original transaction date, so you may have to search by date range. 

Next, check the status of your payment.  Does it say refunded?  If so, it should have gone back to the same card you used to pay for the item.  The same details should have a list of associated movements that should lead back to your card.  Make sure you take note of this date, as you'll want it handy for the next step.

If PayPal shows it as going back to your card company, the next step would be to give them a ring and have them check your statements around the date of the refund you just wrote down.  If they can't locate an incoming credit, they might also be able to reference the date you originally made the payment and use that to find any incoming credits.

If your card issuer still can't locate the credit for you, reach out to our customer service and request a trace on a card refund.  We'll double check the transaction and make sure your card issuer accepted the refund.  If we confirm the card issuer has the funds, we'll provide you a transfer number that you can then give to them so they can locate it (since they have it at that point).  If we never gave the funds to them, we'll work with you to resolve the issue directly.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.