What is my PayPal account number?

monnydite
Contributor
Contributor
139 REPLIES 139

expressmagic

I sent a Money Order of $90.00 once to 

PO Box 105658, Atlanta, GA 30348-5658.

and Got a billing the of $174.00 in the next two weeks, My original billing was 116.00. I don't know if those $90.00 ever got to PayPal. Never got a confirmation. 

@Hedne501 wrote:

If account numbers are internal-only, then the email I get telling me how to pay by check should probably not contain the text:

Prefer to mail your payment?
Please send your check or money order (we do not accept cash) to:
PayPal Credit, PO Box 105658, Atlanta, GA 30348-5658. 
Please be sure to include your account number on your payment.

@Hedne501 wrote:

If account numbers are internal-only, then the email I get telling me how to pay by check should probably not contain the text:

@Hedne501 wrote:

@Hedne501 wrote:

Login to Me Too

JLonzon

You mean, when I requests for payment, I will just give them my e mail address? Sorry, new to this, not so familiar with how it works. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi JLonzon,

Welcome to our Community  Smiley Happy

I'm delighted to hear you've recently begun to sell with PayPal.

That's right! Your clients only need your PayPal email to send you a payment: http://ow.ly/JDSr9

I hope that helps and have a great evening,

Conor

Login to Me Too

xaipe
Contributor
Contributor
I'm not in the UK, but when I was searching about how to find out my PayPal account number, this is the forum to which I was directed. Frankly, I find the idea of something as fundamental as an account number being designated for "internal use only" leaves me with a bad taste. Your banking institution should have some degree of transparency with regard to the information account holders can access. If a brick & mortar bank told me I couldn't have access to my own account number, I'd tell them to take a walk, in far more colorful language. It is a little disturbing that this information is not available to account holders, even on request. It seems rather a basic principle. Now, I haven't had any specific problems to date, but should the need arise, I would hope that the number associated with my account would be made available to me, seeing as it's information pertinent to me and my money. Why, in this day and age we find it so easy to trust online agencies with information we wouldn't otherwise trust to non-online agencies, it's beyond me, especially given the fact that these things aren't completely secure from every possible intrusion, from nefarious persons or from snooping governments, the USA & the UK being some of the worst when it comes to invading the privacy of their own citizenry. I suppose there is a good reason why PayPal deems account numbers for "internal use only" and won't give them to customers even on request. Perhaps someone could enlighten me? Honestly, it's things like this that make bitcoin look better and better all the time--it's secure, can't be stolen or counterfeit, and is completely open-source. Also, every transaction can be traced and accounted for, so it's not at all for criminals to hide behind as many movies and television shows would have you believe. Why can't my actual banking institution in charge of my actual fiat currency have that level of security and transparency?
Login to Me Too

Veyatie
Contributor
Contributor

Xaipe - I agree with you fullheartedly. I have had my account for years, but only recently (after switching to paperless and paying online) did I discover it may have been a bad idea as I cant get my account number. Of course, PayPal has switched from being under thre GE Money Bank umbrella to Synchrony Bank so I wonder if maybe proper practices transferred when they sold out.

All I want is my account number!

Login to Me Too

Children2
Contributor
Contributor

What is my paypal number

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Children2

You don't have one, your email address identifies your paypal account.

The only time you have a number is if you are using paypal credit.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ricoshe
New Community Member

Thanks for this cool answer. 🙂 50 thumbs up. I have been looking for the account number for ages.

@PayPal_Wayne wrote:

Hi there monnydite,

Account numbers are for internal use only so there is no need for this number. If somebody is asking for it you can just give them your email address, this is how your account can be indentified

I hope this information helps you

Wayne

Login to Me Too

jun523_norberte
Contributor
Contributor

My fanbox.com account is asking about my paypal account number?

Login to Me Too

kghittersoftbal
Contributor
Contributor

I recieved a letter from the IRS and it clearly references a paypal account number. under Account info where did that come from if there are no account numbers. It contains a letter T

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.