Contributor
139 REPLIES 139

s1e2l3v4a5k6u7m
Contributor
Contributor

Badbrad8
Contributor
Contributor

I have lost my iPhone I'm talking to you on my iPad is there a security risk through my lost iPhone. Your opinion please 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Badbrad8,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

There shouldn't be a risk as anyone trying to access your PayPal account would still need to enter your password but it is advisable to take extra precautions. If your phone number was registered on your account make sure you have your network stop calls and texts to your old phone or update it on PayPal as it could be used for security checks. If your email is accessible on the phone make sure to log in and change the password on your email account.

If you do have concerns please log in and change the password and security questions on your PayPal account. This is how https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-change-my-password-or-my-security-questions-faq1029... .

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Veyatie
Contributor
Contributor

Account numbers are needed for a bank to set up automatic bill pay. An Email will not work. How can I get my account number???

Login to Me Too

bobbo789
New Community Member
So if there is no account number why does the compuer ask for it when you contact paypal?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bobbo789

They don't ask for your account number, what they ask you for it the code that is generated when you click on CONTACT and select the phone option.

That code (as you were logged in when you received it) helps access your account more quickly when you phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SolarAbyss27
New Community Member

Well then someone at Paypal is an idiot because if you call Paypal customer service or credit,  they ask for your 16 digit account number. Your response does not help

Login to Me Too

dierdra
Contributor
Contributor

Go to view statements on the homepage (on the left just under your balance).  When the next page opens, go to statement on the right hand side of the page (it will be in white writing on a black background).  Click on any month's statement.  When the statement page opens, go to the top left hand corner just under the paypal credit logo and you will see "view full statement."  Click on that and when the full statement opens, you will see your account number in the upper left corner.  

Login to Me Too

roseofsharon
New Community Member

There is no "View Statement" link in the interfaces, regular and Classic, that are available to me.  The reports under the Activity link do not show an account number. Any other way to find this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.