Virtual Credit Card

GTechies
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am wondering about a virtual credit card for paypal. I am in Canada, so there are some things that I can't buy in the states (like games on websites that only accept American credit cards), or for things that don't accept paypal but I don't want to use my credit card on.

Is there a way I can add funds from a credit card and pay with a virtual card number? I guess like how RBC has their gift card, unfortunatly theirs is a one time add and you lose 2.50, blah, blah, blah (also at this time of night I wouldn't be able to go to an RBC and get one).

Also, when you do a paypal transaction, I believe on the credit card statement it has "paypal @ example.com" where example.com is the site you purchased from?

Thanks

GT

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

GTechies -

Welcome to the Community!

At this time, we don't recommend adding pre-paid or virtual credit cards, as they seldom pass our stringent security measures. Even if they do, and the payment is later refunded, we're required to send it back to the card - which can be a problem for you if you have since discarded the card or your issuer won't accept the refund.

In terms of adding funds, at this time, you cannot use a card to add funds to the balance. However, if you can successfully register the card, you don't need to add funds first.  Just make a payment, and we'll debit the card directly.

In regards to what displays on the credit card statement, it will appear similar to what you described, but it usually isn't an email address.  For example, you might see PAYPAL*GAMINGWEB for a business entitled "Gaming Website."  Actual charge annotations are much more descriptive, of course, and merchants do have the ability to edit how exactlyt the second portion appears to their buyers.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.