Verify my credit card that has been on file for years

chordpirate
Contributor
Contributor

Just curious why the **bleep** I have to verify my credit card, which has been in use on paypal for years, today when I need to make an urgent purchase.  I'm sure the card belongs to me, Ive had it on my account for years, been purchasing through paypal on it for years, have reviewed my bank statements and have never made a complaint regarding any charges, for years. 

When I buy something on ebay I am trusting paypal to process the payment immediately!!!  WHY DO I HAVE TO FIND OUT I NEED TO VERIFY MY LONG STANDING CREDIT CARD WHEN I NEED TO MAKE AN URGENT PURCHASE?!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

king69_666
New Community Member

I've got the same **bleep** problem... Been using my credit card here since I got it a few years back. Not only will it now not let me choose it as a payment option but it is set as my backup source if my Savings account cant cover the transaction, which is GREAT if i have no money in it...

I made a purchace the other day, figured "Well, it says 'If your savings account can not cover the payment, the money will be withdrawn from your credit card' so i'll make the payment and the money will get moved out of there anyway" and guess what, it wasnt! Insted my bank paued PayPal for the purchace and then my bank took all the money out of my chequings account to cover it leaving me with NO MONEY. Luckly I could transfer money from my Credit card to my bank account but that really made me angry and left me broke for 2 weeks.

So I agree, WHY to i have to re-verify my credit card? and even more of a question is how seeing as when i go to the specific location to verify it, i'm told it is verified?

Funding Options.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.