Unclaimed payment

pgaj
New Community Member

I have an unclaimed payment outstanding which I cannot cancel. When I try to cancel I get a pop up window giving me explanations as to what unclaimed means but no means on cancelling. I have tryed E-bay and Paypal who both advise they cannot open a case against the seller, while the seller has not responded to any messages sent.

Any ideas

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the PayPal status is Unclaimed and there is not a Cancel button next to the transaction on the Overview page, then the payment needs to be manually claimed by the seller.

This might be because the seller is new and has to claim their first payment, or because you’ve sent them a payment using your debit/credit card and they either have to manually accept the payment, or need to upgrade their PayPal account to accept it.

Note that a seller offering PayPal on their auctions and displaying the PayPal and card logos cannot refuse to accept, or upgrade their account to accept, your debit/credit card payment.

You can phone the seller by clicking on advanced search top of ebay pages > left column contact member > fill in the details and ebay will email you their telephone number.

If he does not upgrade or sort it then leave suitable feedback to warn other buyers.

If it remains unclaimed then it will be returned to you by paypal after 30 days BUT keep an eye on it as if it is claimed at any time you can then file a dispute for non receipt of item if the seller does not send your item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.