Unable to verify billing address

sbunyard
New Community Member

I have a debit card linked to my account. I have been happily making payments from it for sometime via Paypal.

However, I've just tried to update my billing address on it having moved recently and I get the error,

"We were unable to verify the billing address for this card. Please enter the billing address associated with this card."

The address entered is fine, no problem there. I have read other forum posts saying to check with the card issuer. But what I don't understand is that they're allowing payments without any problem whatsoever, even to the point where at the moment my billing address on paypal now doesn't actually match that on my card!

Any help greatfully received.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Please note that the Community Forum is not Customer Support.  The Help Forum is primarily a member to member help group. Most "Advisers" are online business owners who have years of experience using and working with PayPal. The Advisers "volunteer" their time to help other members where possible.

For specific account related assistance such as yours, you would need contact PayPal's Customer Support Department direct, this can be done via email, phone or through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

IFIRTH
New Community Member

Have you changed your address with the Bank or Credit Card Issuer? If not then it will not verify payments. Hope that this helps and resolves the issue

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.