Transferred money to paypal, then it took it out through an echeck?

jdubz
New Community Member

I transferred money ($17) to paypal through my bank account because I wanted to make an online purchase off of etsy.com

When I tried making that purchase, the amount that it cost me $14.88 came out through my BANK account via echeck, in addition to the $17 dollars I had already put there..

my understanding was that, you transfer money to paypal and then make purchases through here. I absolutely do not want unauthorized transactions taking place in my bank account, when I clearly made an attempt to have the money already there!

My question is, do I from now on only make purchases without transferring money to my paypal? 

Or basically, how the **bleep** do I use this site correctly? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi jdubz, and welcome to the forums!

To make a purchase, it is not necessary to fund your account first. If you do not have sufficient funds in your account at the time of the transaction, you will see that the default funding source will be selected to fund the payment instead. If you have other options on your account, you'll also see the option to change your funding source for the transaction. These selections must be made before completing the payment.

When used the add funds option to add $17 to your account, it began the process of requesting the funds from your bank. This is a process that takes 3-5 business days to complete, which is why the funds were not in your balance when you made your transaction.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.