Transaction fees

alanatorchard
Contributor
Contributor

Just as I thought, confusion reigns about the fees charged by eBay and PayPal.  I have been selling and buying since 2007 and within the last 2 months eBay have added a 10% fee to post and packing and PayPal have just added a 0.47p fee for ?????? (no idea and difficult to find out why.)  The EBay fee on P&P is totally out of order but when queried I got a full page message back written by someone from Outer Mongolia who insisted that I should now give P&P FREE and include the postage cost into the item cost.  When I pointed out that either way eBay win and I lose I got the same regurgitated message back.  Total rip off to increase eBay/PayPal revenue.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Conor

Hi alanatorchard,

I hope I can clear up that for you.

PayPal will always charge you a small fee when receiving a payment for a sale.

The standard rate for this is 3.4% + 0.30 GBP and it is also possible to apply for competitive merchant rates.

I am aware that eBay have recently changed their fee structure and I've included a link to their website to give you a little more information about this:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/fees.html

I hope this helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.