Too good to be true? Buying tablets online using paypal.

windowsuser
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure what exactly paypal will cover. I came across this website, http://macsncam.com/pricelist.html , and they only accept paypal. Would I be covered for a full refund if I do not receive an item or if it's not as described? He lists his name and phone number on his website but does not have an online checkout but requires you to send him a paypal payment with the amount for the listed product on the website along with the name of the item in the notes of the payment. Is it safe to buy from here and will I be fully protected for a full refund by paypal by buying from here?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jps330
New Community Member

Have you found any other information on this guy? I found the same website and was wondering if it was legit.

Login to Me Too

windowsuser
Contributor
Contributor
It would be great if an administrator could let us know if this sort of transaction is covered by PayPal.
Login to Me Too

theguyzrock
Contributor
Contributor

If you are sending payment to him as a gift ( this is what i assume ) you will not be coverred, he is gonan use the line, that saves him $ doing it thsi way an fees to save you money as well.

If its too good, its definitly not legit.

If he was legit he woudl have direct paypal store links for paymenta s well.

Login to Me Too

dont_do_it
New Community Member

I got scammed by macsncams.com.  They offer a buy 4 Ipads and get one free but never recieved anything.  Turns out that they talk someone into receiving the money and sending it to charity to buy ipads.  They refer to them as a guest shopper or mystery shopper.  It looks like I will get my money back but the person they talked into accepting the money and transferring it is on the hook for the money.  They also send you a facebook link of a guy named Victor and have seen them use a couple different ones so they found them randomly on facebook.  Also have gone by macsncams.info, macsncams.nfo, macsncams.org.  Stay away!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.