Sellers Unclaimed Payments rule is Terrible.

LeonSmy
New Community Member

I think this is totally out of order that someone can list an item that someone else really wants, yet when coming to pay for the item, the seller cannot except payment because they have had 5 previous Debit Card transactions. 

If this is an issue, the seller should not be able to list Paypal as a payment method if there is going to be this kind of delay. I could have and SHOULD have paid via Bank Transfer!

I have parted with £120 for something I might not receive for weeks because of this pathetic rule! This transaction SHOULD go through instantly as per Paypal promise, then Paypal should take up the issue with the seller that he needs to upgrade his account or email them to explain they need to 'Accept' the payment made from their seller (I reckon this must happen - but people do not get it sometimes!).

Mine is a full account, yet I'm being penalised (waiting for my purchase) because of this idiotic waste of time. 

Please fix this ASAP as it is extremely frustrating. Especially when new members do not know how to use eBay and Paypal correctly!

Paypal are holding on to the payment and I am having to wait for my item... Why? 

Because they want to wind me up!?

Rant over.

But this really does need to be looked at!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_paula

Hi LeonSmy,

I am not sure what you mean by your payment being held. If a seller’s account has reached a limit and they cannot accept a payment until the account is verified then the payment would be declined and you would receive an error message stating that the recipient cannot receive payment. We wouldn’t hold your payment because they need to verify their account.

Can you please respond to my post stating the status of your payment as if your payment is showing as held there may be an underlying issue with the transaction.

Looking forward to your response

Paula

Login to Me Too

michsls
New Community Member
I'm having a problem with this unclaimed payment bit I have just paid £150 on an item that states pending.. Told the seller its pending my end but he has no idea how to claim it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sounds as if the seller has made a mistake when inputting there email addy on their auction. 

Is their a cancel option? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.