Seller paid, Paypal confirms transaction but the funds have not left my bank account

JOHNNYCHUCKLES
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Just a quick question, (I have found similar questions/answers concerning this topic on the web, but none before 2012 so thought I would post again to get the most up-to-date information):

The seller has been paid and the goods have been dispatched, via the dashboard Paypal advises that the goods have been received from my specified assigned bank account and sent to the seller, however according to my online bank statement the funds have not been debited from my bank account at all.

How can this be? Do Paypal pay the seller first and then wait for the funds to be transferred from my bank account to Paypal, almost like a temporary loan?

Many thanks for any insight on this, just interested to know how the process works!

Best regards

Johnny C

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes, when you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account.

This is so you get your item more quickly.

The funds leave your bank account anytime from 2 hours up to 3 days later. 

That is why folks think that paypal is instant and complain when they have to wait for a refund. They don't understand that paypal don't refund in advance like they do when you pay for an item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes, when you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account.

This is so you get your item more quickly.

The funds leave your bank account anytime from 2 hours up to 3 days later. 

That is why folks think that paypal is instant and complain when they have to wait for a refund. They don't understand that paypal don't refund in advance like they do when you pay for an item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JOHNNYCHUCKLES
Contributor
Contributor

Ok that's great, thanks for clarifying that for me!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello JOHNNYCHUCKLES,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to our community!

I have read the kernowlass response and it is completly accurated 🙂 When a payment is funded with your bank account – Instant Transfer - the seller will receive the funds immediately in their PayPal account; however, it might take a bit for this entry to be reflected in your bank statement. It is also important to always have the funds available in your bank account, so PayPal can debit them successfully.

Hope this helps,

Carlos  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.