Seller Refusing to Give Car - Am I **bleep**?

Spookah123
Contributor
Contributor

On Thursday I saw a car which I likedand I decided to wait to make a decision on the purchase. I decided yesterday (Saturday), that I would call the guy up and let him know that I wanted to buy the car. I sent him the money via PayPal and now he is refusing to give me the car (he told me after I sent the money that he didn't want to accept PayPal). He has stopped communicating with me and PayPal customer services told me that the seller has to refund the money with PayPal in order for me to get the money back.

Is this something I should go  to the police about?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spookah123

You should never use paypal for motor vehicles as you have no buyer protection.

Cash on collection or delivery is the way to go.

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account? Is it pending or completed?

Also how did you FUND that paypal payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Spookah123
Contributor
Contributor

1) Honestly, it doesn't make much difference for me, if I transferred by bank or by paypal I have to have a tiny bit of trust in that the seller will actually give me the item I paid for (I thought so). The payment was over £1k so I thought paying by cash would be cumbersome. However, in the future I will definitely pay by cash instead.

2) It says "completed".

3) I have no idea how it was funded, funds haven't been withdrawn from my bank account and since the buyer is accusing me of scamming him as well I would guess that the money hasn't been put into his account either. My PayPal balance is also zero.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spookah123

When you pay someone via paypal it is never instant from your bank account > paypal CREDIT the seller and mark the payment as completed and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account.

However did you fund it from your bank account OR debit card?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Spookah123
Contributor
Contributor

It was supposed to transferred from my bank account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.