Seeking help. I am unable to buy a iTunes gift card through my paypal account

tamim321
Contributor
Contributor

Whenever I try to buy a gift card from iTunes UK store, they show me this message.
"We are not able to process your payment using your paypal account. Try a different method" Why I am seeing this? What else so I have to do to unlock my account? 

N.B I didn't add my bank account or card number. Apart from these two things, I have completed all other formalities. And I have around 50 pounds in my account. Despite of having credit, why I am not able to purchase any gift card? What should I do?

Please help me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tamim321

You can't spend funds in your paypal account balance unless you have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

************************************

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tamim321

You can't spend funds in your paypal account balance unless you have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tamim321
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you a lot for clearing me up on this topic.

Well, I have just one last little query. I am not from any paypal authorised countries. But my elder sister is a UK resident. So If i have to add any bank account or card number, obviously I have to use hers. But then the name of my paypal account and name of the account holder of that bank won't match. Will it create any problem?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tamim321

It may well do yes as the name on the bank account should match the name on the paypal account BUT i am not sure about a card, your best bet is to contact customer services and ask them that one.

>>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tamim321
Contributor
Contributor

Really thanks man, really appreciate your efforts. 🙂 🙂

Chiao

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.