Samsung Galaxy S8 on credit?

KROGANQUADS
New Community Member
So I went to pre order the Galaxy S8 via PayPal credit, I selected the correct options (model - no insurance - no extras - PayPal 24 month contract - complete purchase) I reviewed everything before I hit submit, after doing so I immediately got an invoice thanking me for my purchase and that I've paid £779!? I checked my bank account and the full amount of the phone has been taken. Was I declined the credit?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Infamous786
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar issue wanted to take out the 24 months 0% intrest free  credit, got approved and at check out it advied 0% for 4 months. Very confusing :S

Login to Me Too

helgawb
Contributor
Contributor

Yes Im really confused as well! A few days ago I arranged to buy the Galaxy S8 via the Samsung website, and clicked through all the pages, (on a mobile phone) choosing 24 month repayment, and the payment went though debiting the whole amount from my account. I had to go through  cancelling the order with Samsung, and looking at my Paypal account i can see that the full amount due to debit my account, but I also have a refund pending, which can take up to 7 days! Today, as I still want to use the offer, I tried to order again, this time on a laptop, and did get through to the instalment plan age, had my Paypal credit account approved, but it said 4 months 0% credit. This whole process has been incredibly unclear and confusing, and im still not sure how or if i have the 24 month payment, or any clue if i have how it will work. Not good enough Paypal. Another way of making money out of us through confusion and lack of information.

Login to Me Too

StephnSeby
Contributor
Contributor

I was close to taking out that 24 months credit option, but you've put me off! Did you resolve the issue in the end?

Login to Me Too

helgawb
Contributor
Contributor
Yes in the end I did manage to get the 24 months interest free on Paypal Credit.....it was s bit confusing why it didn't go through first time but it did secind time......whether it's worth it for the S8 is another issue!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.