Return to merchant bug: 2012 - 2014 (2 years, really!)

EKSupport
Contributor
Contributor

This is something that has just happend to us recently and I was very surprised to know PayPal has had this issue along with 100s if not 1000s of customer complaints with out a solid solution or official work-around.

Has anyone solved this problem?

- assuming you are using a "test" account to ensure live payments work!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What exactly is the issue?   (You really need to be specific if you have a gripe.)   We have used PayPal since 1999, it works.  if there's something that is not working for you, be specific so someone can help.

Login to Me Too

EKSupport
Contributor
Contributor

Well thanks for the quick reply.  Here is our situation as follows:

1. Normal updates we use an active and verified PayPal accounts for testing - every thing is OK

2. Regression testing we create "dummy" PayPal accounts to test (eg. deposit $5-10, custom test products = live simulation) - with dummy accounts we use our server emails, not gmail, hotmail, etc

Note: we dont 'rely' on PayPal sandbox as a final test environment.

We are a bit frustrated towards our testing results:

1. Yesterday, our 1st test was OK, then all 10 test after FAILED

2. Today our first test was OK, we didn't get a chance to test again

What we are trying to figure out:

1. Is there a limit/lock on newly created accounts - this is actually one of our QA cases, a new user to both our site and  paypal, purchasing multiple products.

2. What are some steps to do a 'mini' verify - with out adding a CC or Bank Account for every new test account we create

Thanks in advance... game time!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.