REFUND CONFUSION

AmyPerkins
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recieved a refund from an online store and it is showing in my history as completed yesterday (12/03). However, although this shows as completed it is not in my balance. i have made no other payments on paypal that this refund could have gone towards and there is nothing in my history to indicate opayments made after recieving the refund.

I paid online using my paypal account, linked to my bank rather then having actual paypal credit, does this make a differance.

Can anyone advise? 

Thanks all 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmyPerkins

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit card then any refund won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account but takes up to a week to process through to the bank.

Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmyPerkins

How did you fund the payment that was refunded?

Bank Transfer?

Debit card?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AmyPerkins
Contributor
Contributor

Bank card linkd to paypal 🙂

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmyPerkins

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit card then any refund won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account but takes up to a week to process through to the bank.

Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AmyPerkins
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Ah i understand so its just showing on my history but actually goes to the bank account, that makes sense 🙂

thanks for your hel , have a great day 🙂 🙂 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AmyPerkins

Yep thats correct.

And will have a nice day as grand-daughter coming in a mo so need to get my energy levels up  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.