[RANT] Seller playing the PP refund system | So much for 'Buyer Protection'

FumingFuming
Contributor
Contributor

Will this stay as a rant

or

do you know if there is a way to  get back my money from a seller (using PP as a payment gateway) who clearly knows the backdoor to slip out  when it comes to the Resolution Centre decisions? 

BACKGROUND TO RANT

Paid for advertising space on a website.

As time went by and got no further directions on what to do next, I sent a support ticket to the seller.

No response

Sent another and same

After 3wks of sending support tickets and no reply, I decided to start PP Resolution Centre process. Informed seller would be doing this and hey presto: I got a response via a Yahoo email to go ahead and place advert

So I closed PP Resolution Ticket

I asked seller (by clicking the Yahoo reply button) how do I do that? What are the next steps?

Sadly, I  got a bounce back message because the email address doesnt exist

Sent more Support Tickets with no response

Fed up, went back to PP to be informed:

After you cancel or close a dispute, you can’t reopen it or ask us to investigate by escalating it to a claim.       […] Most sellers welcome the opportunity to make their customers happy

To date, my requests for refund using the seller's Support Tickets are being ignored

So much for PP Buyer Protection

QUESTION:
Has the seller really got away with my money because PP has allowed him too?

Would have thought because no service provided, PP would have allowed a re-open or start a new one as still not resolved

Effectively, the seller has played me and PP has backed him  Smiley Sad

BtW: I have screencaptures as proof of what I've said here

Thanks for reading and any suggestions is appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FumingFuming

You never close a paypal dispute / claim until you have your item / service OR a cleared refund.

In fact before you click to close it Paypal warns you that you won't be able to open it again and are you sure you want to go ahead.

Paypal did provide you with buyer protection but you chose to ignore it and went ahead and closed it anyway.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.