Putting a down payment on a Condo

Pumafun
New Community Member

I'm off to Chile and the management company wants a $140 down payment. If I pay him through his email wth Paypal and I get there and no Condo can I get my money back?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Pumafun,

Welcome to the boards! 

At this time, not all purchase can be covered under our Purchase Protection program.  You can see a full list of what is not eligible for reimbursement through our disputes process here.

However, using PayPal is still the most secure choice.  It doesn't abrogate any dispute rights you may have with your bank or credit card, so making the payment keeps your other consumer protections alive - without giving an unknown merchant your full card number, billing address, or banking information. 

Even if you do go wind up having to go that route, still file a dispute with PayPal.  Most disputes are resolved before they have to be escalated to a claim, but it also allows us to have a full record of your conversation with the seller and allows us to track issues with the seller, so if you aren't their only satisified customer, we can work to monitor and track the trend, and possibly even remove our services from them.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.